Pages

Friday, September 27, 2024

Righting

I was up late and put a lot of very needed energy into the TAMBONITA working area. Feeling like I know where everything is and that Im inspired to make some new ideas. I realize I start things and then push them to the side bc a new order comes in or something so its a bad habit of letting things sit unfinished and then I have a bunch of projects that Im working on and arent finished so it looks kinda cray cray and I gotta get better at THAT. I need more hands really and together we can make the projects take less time and get finished. Its a real thing but in biz its not good biz! I would like to have this great TEAM in place that w samples we can agree on a collection, on new trending fabrics and color combinations etc. (thats the fun part) then have great eye and helpful ppl that want to see this thrive be the type that moves and shakes it to happen. Someone that has this experience and that can see the value in these unique works of art. I got some time to myself to explore a bit more focused and on my own doing my art, making my mistakes, which is easy to do w this. Its not easy to know what will emerge til u really try it. It is what it is, its not like painting, its a specific way of order structure w its limitations and w its availibilities and it has plenty to work with bc I keep creating new silhouettes and designs like belts, bag straps, spiral notebook covers, home decor, jewelry, bikinis, dresses, keychains, tree ornaments, and whatever else… i realized I missed it when i stopped and that I do want to continue making things w the brand for some more time bc im not yet finished. I feel like its been just explored and now I have become a better expert and would get things really right from now on w it. The mistakes are not needed anymore plus any “mistake” w this can be re-woven and recycled into something else so its a blessing to have something like this to keep working in a time where sustainability is important and ppl r now more mindful and aware about those things. 
Now, I was just looking at the trend reports for f/w 2024 and even spring 2025 and its showing a lot of basic, proper, serious, grownup, non pretentious, not edge or bold or out of the box. Its very respectful. Elegant. Plain, clean, but good materials and a lot of thought going into the outfit to look subdued and professional. This is like the opposite of TAMBONITA but it makes an excellent backdrop for wearing the bag. 
So its a time to go in and do what Im doing which is internal work, moving, re-start, get organized, work on projects online and in the work space too, these custom orders are good but I need to move the stock I have. Next vending event might be Dia De Los Muertos Nov 2 and I was looking on Temu and found things I wanted to buy to see if I can sell more at that event. Its risky but I need sales that are more accessibly priced and just a price you cant turn down bc ppl that go to these events have money and they wana drop some! That is how I am too! So 10,20,30,40$ priced things are a potential sale but a $400 TAMBONITA bag is not as common. I also wana start painting other things, I want to make art that is like a dance to make it. I want to dance and make art and also use words and poetry perhaps. Idk but im a lil scared like thoughts of not sure I know what Im doing or dont want it to look too messy or amateur. I want it to be something ppl really love, simple, but works and money comes in, ppl are happy, i am happy and love making what I make… everyone is happy and it evolves. I have some ideas, nothing major. I made an art piece bc couldnt wait and its ok its not finished but im not like wow i can paint and i love my painting skills lol i actually never really did, i could see the talented ppl who I liked how they painted and I didnt feel like I was good enough. It takes practice and if I did it a lot I could do amazing things for sure. My medium is usually mixed, collage, i like scraps, i like inspo of mistakes, i love a lot of things but realize it doenst all look good together on the same painting lol well, yea, i want the final result to be a vibe that I like. I want the movemnt of the eye to keep u engaged and for it to talk to ppl, id like it to heal, i want to be very intentional but at the same time let what happens lead the game of patience and the mystery of what it evolves to become. Open to the subtleties. The master of color. But i dont want to be over bearing. I want to be inspiring, feminine, graceful and maybe jolt, soft but strong, know when to stop and say its finished (not an easy thing to know) I would like to take things that arent usual to use and incorporate them into my paintings. Like feathers for instance. They are so light weight and spiritual, remind me of angels and birds, and dandelions blowing in the wind! Ballerina ribbon brush strokes, landscapes maybe, interiors, scissors cutting patterns, sun dying, sling shotting, sewing, idk. I would like to take u to a place of texture and wonder and illumination and embellishment, remind us of beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment