Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Darn Dandelion!

Really funny day today... turns out I cant make a sculpture for the life of me...

I was trying to make a DEAD DANDELION sculpture and it looked more like a cake on top of a lamp than anything.... then when you turn on the lamp for a "glowing effect" it turned into an alien looking thing!!! IM NOT KIDDING...

I was stressing this sculpture quite a bit bc though I pictured it to be an important part of my installation I was in fact making things really far fetched for myself. I mean, Ive worked with clay and Ive made all kinds of things like paper mache masks and origami beautiful pieces and also with wax and sewn a shit load in fashion, from pillows to whole outfits but Ive never worked in METAL and I needed something that wouldnt BURN.

I bought mesh, feathers, paint, spray paint, styrofoam pieces, casting stuff, glue gun, special non flamable tape, all types of sticks from metal to wooden etc.... I always had a feeling it would look crafty and probably kitch but I wanted to try at it and see what would happen, sometimes I get very lucky. The whole flammable thing got in the way of what I would have initially done.

So, even though my Dandelion didnt work so well I will still have my version of a beautiful sculpture with reference to a dandelion in the middle of my installation... it will be more simple, more me, more beautiful and their is still lots of work to be done tomorrow for that.

Its all very exciting ;)




With all my LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. why dont you use fluorescent light? luz fria? it wont burn.

    ReplyDelete