Pages

Monday, August 21, 2023

Full Circles...

 Writing today in the morning instead which I usually do in a hand written journal bc its a diff kind of writing that I do but this post is going to be a re-write from something I already wrote that I wanted to come back to. I wrote about it already in a journal while I was in rehab, or my self focus healing retreat, I am really happy with the turn out and my new realizations and the depths I was able to uncover so much internal magic. While I was there a producer I worked with on a commercial added me on social media so it stirred this thought process... 

I remembered the commercial for a kids scooted called KIXI that I styled some kids on and in detail what happened the day of the shoot. The little girl, one of the main characters didn't want to wear her Helmut so I did what adults used to tell me, -that the police will get her if she doesn't wear it!!! and instilled FEAR. I soon realized that THAT didn't work on her and escalated her fit into a tantrum! It was all I knew to do then!!! It was a challenge. Now I know what I could have done (trying to remove the word "should" from my vocabulary but Im sure it will keep slipping through my teeth, my intentions are good lol). <3 I could have knelt down beside her and told her that she's the special little girl thats going to show all the other little kids to wear a Helmut while they ride on their scooter to protect their head so that they don't get hurt when they fall! That You Are Here To Be The Example! The Savior! To save all the other kids that see you wear your Helmut on TV.  To inspire them to be like you! That all the kids Love you and will think its cool to wear a Helmut bc YOU get to make it look cool!~ I wish I had known to tell her something like that but I just didn't know then what I know now. That persuasion can be a loving act and we can also listen to each other, communicate instead of instilling fear into the children of tomorrow we can insist on taking a gentle loving angle instead. That kind friendly convincing that most of the time works better. Im sure she would have been convinced had I only tried to tell her THAT, building her up and infusing LOVE. 

Its funny also bc Ive always wanted a scooter myself even as an adult and I just met a guy w a scooter so maybe I will be on the back of one soon LOL. Also, bc that little girl is ME and is U and its kind of like another full circle. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment