Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Deep In the Jungle...

 I was in nature like the boy in The Jungle Book, barefoot, and at home. All the animals my friends and my guides and I slept in a hammock on a branch in the trees with the moonlight shining through the leaves of the branches. The moist dirt path I walked on, the tail of an animal gently and lovingly caressed my ankle to let me know I am protected not anybody's dinner nearby. The eyes of a white Owl and the sounds of the birds, cracks of frogs and flaps of wings, crawls of claws, russtles of leaves, just a busy land, the home of many animals. I climbed up the tree w my hammock so naturally strong, my legs, my core and pulling myself up by my arms as I extend my legs to new heights so balanced and assured, this is also my home, where I nest, almost bare just some simple rags tied around me in just the right places. Some might say I was dirty, I didn't think so at all, Id say just Earthy, nothing dirty about it. There I sung into my hanging hammock and once comfortable the others like squirrels joined me to keep each other cozy and warm, my friends, my team, my protectors. a funny monkey hung from my back swinging my hammock and I giggled w my eyes still closed. He was only there to bring a smile to my face. The wise moon new this was a perfect night to shine light on. and we all rested like one great big family in the wilderness and in the dark.  

No comments:

Post a Comment