Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

"FUERZA BRUTA"









I just got back from seeing the "Fuerza Bruta" show which means 'Brutal Force' in Spanish. I have seen another show by the same people in NYC called "De La Guarda" and that one was shockingly beautiful when I first saw it! Since I have seen them both I think its fair for me to say I liked their first one better because I had less expectations of it and I had never seen anything like it before. This newer piece has a similar concept of running on walls, lots of hecticchoreography and interaction with the audience, the music etc. But, I really enjoyed myself and thought it spoke to me more this time as to bringing it all into a better context. The show spoke to me about the constant battle with life. The energy it takes to go about your life, the many many times you fall and get back up or push through walls to continue on. My favorite part was the choreography with water it dealt with friendships and curiosity. Three girls wereimmersed in water hung above the audience on a clear gigantic float where the girls slid their bodies, ran, and swam on. One part specifically was a solo with a woman simply walking around on the float and the water would follow her around because of the weight she would put on the flexible material. The lighting brought out natures patterns in the water as the footsteps had their own rhythm. The girl would walk in tiny fast steps and the water would get sent that vibration creating that pattern in water and the audience could see and visual ever changing masterpiece being created by a humans movements. The concept reminds me of quantum physics maybe because since I've learned a little bit about that I now have a word to refer to it. I also think I could totally be in this show!... its right up my alley. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment