Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

This is Melinda...

This is Melinda...
I bought her on Ebay when I was 18 and had her shipped to NYC from California. She has also been my roommate in Spain and now Miami! She is a 6ft tall stunningly gorgeous mannequin! You can put any wig on her and change her position a bit and she has her ears pierced! Right now she is missing an arm but its because I need to get a piece welded due to a move we had. Shes extremely fragile but shes so real looking that sometimes its freaky! I will always post up updates on Melinda and her outfits when I change her up. This is a picture of a shoot I did of her for a photography class. The photos are all done in black and white and developed in the dark room of her in different outfits hanging out in South Beach! Thanks to Raquel I was able to make this happen! She helped me mount and dissmont her and change her outfits to shoot her in different locations like the pool (this outfit), South Point park, Ocean Dr, and we even got an epic shot of her shopping on Collins with mannequins inside a store behind her. 

Besides that, today I'm feeling funny. I have just gotten back from NY after 6weeks of working on myself at a retreat. That is where I decided to start this blog and some of the other things I'm going to be working on next. When I got on the plane after a 1.5 hr drive, they charged me for extra baggage at the airport. Then the flight was delayed in NY's Albany Airport and had a stop in Philadelphia where it was delayed another few hours and finally when I got on the plane to Miami the plane HAD to stop in Orlando due to a storm! So delayed even longer! Not only that!! but then my bags didnt come through!!!!! This is not wierd to me, it happens pretty often.

My mother hadnt seen me in a bit so she came to pick me up but unfortunately we have been fighting through email about all these "things" she wants me to do. I keep writting her back things stating that "this is my life" and "I'll take care of it, please stay out of it" because I cant deal with the stress she puts upon me! Now, Im sure that it's just a mother thing but I need some things to change. Nevertheless when she came to get me we hugged and everything but of course we get in a fight at the airport! Im not going to get into much more detail about that but I want to say that I came back here wanting a fresh start and things are never easy when you have your family or others stuck in their same patterns around you. It was something I suspected but I have a huge stomach ache about it now since It is THAT difficult for my mother and I to communicate. I know that things pass and that their are better and worse moments but I dont think its a necessary way to be with those closest to you! I feel like shit about it.

Mostly though, I came back from the retreat with lots of POSITIVE things!
I think its going to help ME to put it all on here and therefore I can write about how Im coming along with all of these things!

How should I do this, lets see... I'll start by sharing 5 of my simple daily goals...

DAILY GOALS:
1. Run or bike ride at least a mile a day. 
Sign up to 5ks in the area.

2. Improve communication skills with close ones.
Being patient, warm.

3. Take 15mins out of everyday to say "THANK YOU"/reflect & meditate (Transidental Mediation is something Im going to learn how to do.)

4. Eat slower. 
Eat to live, not live to eat.

5. Work on my blog.
Spend 30mins a day.
Have my eyes and ears open and my camera everywhere I go.

Then I also have short term and long term goals! I've also learned and have gone in depth about what specifically makes me HAPPY, what are my TALENTS and then set up the GOALS. I feel much more centered and with more direction therefore I feel that I am able to make better choices. 

I have decided that besides going to Art school and working at the art gallery www.OH-WOW.com I want to get a job doing window displays! Its like styling which I did in nyc but more stable and in a controlled space! Im going to look more into this which may entail having to intern at it first and that would work too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment