Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

BIRTH OF THE NEW!

I dont know what I was talking about last night, maybe i drank a little too much after the show... at least i didnt stay out late.

What I did want to say was that lots of "friends" didnt make it to my show and its pretty disappointing! bc though many many wonderful ppl did come it was a bummer that some of the people u really wanted to share this magical installation u created with them! They had 3days!!!!! its just a part of life... a part of growing and some times ppl say they are going to come see your show but they forget or get busy or have other things that they have to do. I understand I guess. I had a lot of fun doing it though, explaining to people what I had created... so for those of u that missed the show,,, this is what it was about....

"This is a 3d blog... welcome to Tambonation... this blog started out as a place where I could post my research, what im attracted to, my trend forecasting, anything i find inspiring etc and over time the blog evolved into a place where i expressed my thoughts, my ups and downs, pouring out my heart into it... the downs were sometimes very down and writting and expressing my feelings helped me get those feelings out and sometimes they were even suicidal... the blog helped me get through those moments by becoming a vessle for certain things to come to light... amongst all the beautiful pictures and things I was sharing were some dark, truthful, raw moments in my life... the blog began after a rehab program and delt with dilemas of relapses, frustration, sadness, guilt, death of loved ones, breakups, confusion etc to poems, to simple thoughts about life... and trying to find myself. The blog evolved into a whole world of feelings and growth and getting through my own issues within myself. The logo being a dandelion which is a dead flower that when its alive its yellow and when its dead u can blow on it to make a wish which is what the blog is about... many wishes... and when u blow on it, u are sending seeds for new life... the installation became a concept of "a death of the past" all the dilemas and troubles i went through are now in the past and we need to move foreward and we all go through our rough times, i expressed them. I made flower collages and put them on the floor to create a deathbed out of the installation... when you die ppl bring u flowers. I didnt want to die because at my LOWEST LOW I actually envisioned my funeral and how ppl would show up there, bring me flowers, and then walk out and i would become simply a story. I decided to get out of the FUNK i was in by focusing on cutting out flowers and making a collage with them which was stemmed from the idea of a deathbed. I incorporated the blog which is full of all that stuff I went through and decided to make it about a death of the past and birth of new, new ideas, new friends, new work, new experiences to come. So from all the darkness I was able to create something very beautiful. Allowing people to make a wish with a dandelion for themselves, spreading the idea of having a blog, that other people are out there with their dilemas in a world where not much is private I embraced it and sent all that stuff for the world to read and see, hopefully to help others overcome their own issues too. Or so that others don't feel alone bc its normal to have moments of doubt. It was difficult to figure out exactly how this could be art but by blurring the lines between art and life, i was, in fact, getting at something REAL. Also the flower collages i created are now huge stickers which I will be sticking all over town to spread BEAUTY. I also had an interactive element which allowed people to make either a virtual comment or a comment in the NOW by drawing or writting on a canvas. People could speak their mind on my blog which allowed them to become an actual blogger! They then shared what they thought of what I had shared with them. All the comments are like small treasures now to me, affecting people and reading into their minds."

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds incredible! I am so sorry I missed it. You know if I wouldve been there I would've made it opening night!!

    You're the only friend I have that inspires me to follow my dreams, continue to take risks without regretting and just enjoy every moment.

    So cheers to you and to many more shows!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANX sooo much Blanca!!! really, from the bottom of my heart! stay posted!!! :)

    ReplyDelete